Zanewood serves a diverse student population with a rich mixture of cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Our school community has a strong focus on accelerating student achievement. Our primary academic goal is to have all students reading at or above grade level by the end of third grade and maintaining that level through the remainder of their school years.
Extra funding from the State and Federal governments has enabled Zanewood to offer a variety of programs to meet the unique needs of their students. For example:
· Lower class sizes, grades Kindergarten through fifth grade
· Lower class sizes for 70-90 minute reading periods (average 14 students per teacher, grades 1-5)
· Small group and individual tutoring for reading and math
· Positive learning environment focused on schoolwide expectations of “Go for the GOLD”, character education, and “Getting Along” social skills instruction.
· Parent and community partnerships are emphasized including: volunteer programs, Family Nights, home reading, and extended day/year academic and recreation programs.
If you would like additional information regarding Zanewood Community School, please feel free to call (763) 561-9077 or check our website at: schools.district279.org/zw.