As we start school we need to be vigilant about the safety of our students, especially as they move from home to school and back each day. Here are some reminders that will help keep everyone safe.
- We need written permission for any student who is walking or riding a bike from school. Just one note will work, we will keep it in the office.
- All students not on a bus should be coming to school using the path at our main entrance off Oak Grove Parkway. The playground entrance has buses and commuters driving through it and it is NOT SAFE for bike or walking traffic.
- There is no adult supervision in front of the building until 9:10. Do not drop off students until that time.
- The speed limit in front of the school is 10 mph. Please watch your speed.
- Our School Patrol is there to make sure everyone is safe. Watch for their stop flags and follow their direction.
- Pick up is at 3:55. Be here on time.
- Kindergarten parents, we still do a hand to hand pick up. You will need to park and walk in to get your student.
Thank you all for taking time to read these important safety expectations. It will take all of us to make sure every student at Woodland is safe.
Woodland Elementary Principal