Park Center is moving with the business world into a more technological form of instruction. This brings about more job opportunities for students, but also requires more sophisticated training. Keyboarding skills in particular are becoming increasingly important as we move into the information age.
Business Education Courses
- Business, marketing and computer competencies which are essential for all students in today’s everchanging society.
- Students become leaders and contributors to a business community in ways which are ethical, diverse, inclusive, prosperous and responsible.
- Fundamental business knowledge and skills which lead to opportunities and success in life.
- Effective communication as writers, listeners and speakers in social and business settings.
- Career awareness and skills which encourage viable career choices and employability in a variety of business careers.
NOTE: The Business Education Department has an agreement with Hennepin Technical College allowing students to receive HTC credit for some of the courses taken at Park Center. These include Computer Applications A, B & C, Keyboarding and Word Processing A & B.
Accountant, Actuary, Administrative Support, Bank Teller, Bookkeeper, CPA, Data Base Administrator, Data Entry Specialist, Personnel, Secretary, Systems Analyst, Word Processing Specialist.
Business Education course descriptions can be found in the Registration Handbook.