This summer, our building, playground and parts of the parking lot will be closed to all visitors because of building construction projects.
Our school will benefit from many improvements, including:
- Updates to heating and cooling systems (improved dependability)
- Replacement of ceilings and light fixtures (brighter, more energy efficient LEDs)
- Renovation of the east side playground area (new equipment, more accessibility for students with special needs)
- Replacement of exterior light fixtures
How this may efffect you
- No access to playground: While your child might typically play on the Oak View playground over the summer, the presence of construction equipment and materials will mean that the entire property, including the playground, will be off-limits this summer.
- Parts of the building may still be inaccessible during our back-to-school open house on August 29. By the first day of school on September 4, however, our building will be open and ready for school. Technicians and project verification professionals may be on site during the first few weeks of school to make sure everything is completed and operating properly.