WELCOME TO OUR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM!
Volunteers are an essential piece to our success here at Oak View! Come make a difference in the lives of others!
When you complete a Volunteer Application with your contact info and email, you will be one of the first to hear about upcoming volunteer opportunities. Some opportunities are on-going, while others are one-time events or projects. New opportunities are always coming up; we hope that you will find the perfect fit for your schedule, personality, and talents. Thank you for making a difference every day!
Volunteer Coordinator Tricia Ellingson
Phone: 763-425-1881 ext. 56133
Would you like to help?? Check out the opportunities linked below.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- November 16th Theatre Escorts: We are looking for 7 volunteers to direct students into our gyms at 2:00 pm for the Alice in Wonderland Production. Can you give 30 minutes to this project? Please contact Tricia Ellingson, Volunteer Coordinator if you are interested
- Media Center and Book Bag Assembly: Do you love books? So do our students. We need some help shelving books in the media center and assembly take home book bags. This is flexible as to the day of the week and time—you pick. Please contact Tricia Ellingson, Volunteer Coordinator if you are interested
- OAK (Opportunities Around Knowledge)—Recess Classes: We are looking for individuals to volunteer to run a class-1 time-, or classes-multiple days- over recess hours (11:15 to 1:00). You may have a special talent to share (i.e. knitting, art, chess, etc.) or you could also be a help supervising already planned activities (i.e. computer lab gaming, enrichment board games, etc.). This is a great opportunity for our students to spread their wings in new endeavors. Does this interest you? For more details contact Tricia Ellingson, Volunteer Coordinator if you are interested
Here are some procedures that volunteers should follow while at Oak View:
- Be sure to complete a volunteer application. Every volunteer must have a new application on file each year.
- Sign in at the Volunteer Book in the office
- Put on your Name Badge (volunteers are provided with their own name badge-wear it proudly!)
- Sign out after you are done volunteering. Please be sure to log your hours. Volunteer hours are tracked and recorded each month, validating the importance of our volunteer program!
THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING!
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others" -- Mahatma Ghandi