Greetings Oak View Families,
As of this morning, MN Governor Walz has not yet made a decision regarding a continuation of school closures beyond Friday, March 27th. With this stated, Osseo Area Schools has elected to deploy student learning materials and electronic devices to Oak View families in anticipation of such an announcement.
On Thursday, March 26th, from the hours of 8:00am – 6:30pm, you will have an opportunity to come to the school building to retrieve your student’s belongings. We will be following guidance around social distancing during this distribution to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and therefore parents and students will not be allowed to enter the building.
For students in grades 4 and 5, iPads will be placed into each student’s bag to go home. We have also identified all families with students in grades K - 3 who do not have a sibling in grades 4 - 12. These students will all be receiving an iPad in their bag of belongings so that they may access online materials, and their teachers’ office hours beginning March 30th. As a district, we are working to ensure that every household has at least one school-issued electronic device.
Here is important information for families concerning OAK Deployment Day (3/26/2020):
- Families and students will NOT be allowed to enter the building. OAK is currently a site for childcare, and we must maintain a secure environment for those learners.
- Please pull your car up to the front bus dropoff area (in front of the building). There will be a staff greeter guiding you to a space.
- A greeter will ask you for the name(s) of your student(s). This will be radioed in to staff, who will bring out the student(s) belongings.
- Bags can include: personal belongings from the classroom and locker, curricular materials, technology materials (if appropriate), student medications left in the nurse’s office, as well as other items the teacher includes.
- Please consider partnering with an extended family member, neighbor, or friend if transportation is a challenge. Given the changing climate around COVID-19, our goal is to distribute 100% of the materials on Thursday.
- Once you have your student’s belongings, you may pull away.
- A short video version of this information, as well as some initial information about our long-term flex learning plan can be found by clicking this link. A transcript of the video can be found here.
We will be connecting with the families of over 500 students on Thursday, so please be patient with us throughout this process.
We know that each of you is experiencing this crisis differently and we hope you are doing everything you can to stay healthy and be well. Our hope is to continue to stay connected with you and our students to support them in our new format of distance learning.
Remember: Oak View Student Materials Deployment Day is Thursday, March 26th, from the hours of 8:00am – 6:30pm.