At Maple Grove Senior High School, we have 2 lots for student trimester parking permits, main lot and stadium lot. Students may apply for a parking permit if they are a licensed driver and are clear of any school fines or fees. A limited number of daily permits will be available for the dome parking lot only. All permits are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
Students involved in breaking the parking rules may have their permit revoked, their car towed and/or receive school consequences.
- Student parking is a privilege not a right.
- The school parking lots are school property and all school rules will be enforced at all times.
- Parking permits are not transferable and not refundable.
- Students may park only in designated parking spots within the main or stadium lot only with a valid permit.
- Students are not to drive, park, or use in any way, the staff or back bus parking lot.
- Students are expected to be respectful of all parking lot staff, other vehicles and other students.
- Students must drive in accordance with the traffic laws and in a responsible manner.
- Students are not to give, sell or copy their parking permit for another student.
- Any chemical or tobacco violations will result in the loss of parking privileges for the rest of the school year in addition to any applicable school or police consequences.
- For safety purposes, students must exit the parking lot after school by following the established procedure.
- Students may not use the service road behind the school to exit the parking lot.
Permit Fee: $50.00 per trimester due with the application. The fee pays for purchasing parking stickers, purchasing and installing signs, purchasing garbage cans, painting parking spaces, sweeping, and snowplowing the lot, personnel, etc. No other district or school monies will be used to pay for the operational costs associated with the student parking lot. Lost permit replacement fee: $5.00.
Daily Parking Permits:
Daily Permits will be sold with limited availability for $5 at the Student Services Desk and are not guaranteed to be available.
Parking Tickets: Students parking incorrectly will be fined with a $25 parking ticket for each incident and/or the student’s car being towed at the owner’s expense. Students will not be allowed to register for activities, dances or participate in commencement if their tickets are not paid. Students who repeatedly receive parking tickets will be towed at the owner’s expense and may also have their parking permit revoked for the remainder of the school year.
By entering the school parking lot, the person driving any vehicle is deemed to consent to complete search of the vehicle for any reason. Such search may be conducted by school officials or by law enforcement officers at school request. If any person in the car other than the driver is the current custodian of the vehicle, consent to search is deemed given by the custodian also.
The area of search will include the entire passenger compartment, engine compartment, trunk and under-carriage, and all containers therein, locked or unlocked. Any student vehicle parked on student grounds may be subject to random canine searches. Staff may also search the vehicle if there is reasonable suspicion that the search will uncover evidence of a violation of law or school rules.