Our ACT Test Day is scheduled for next Wednesday, April 19! Below are the important items for families to know:
11th Grade Students:
- All 11th graders will report to the Foundations classrooms by 7:30 a.m. on April 19 like any other school day. Attendance will be determined by their participation in the ACT Test.
- The ACT Test is offered at no cost to our 11th graders. Students should bring -
- a picture ID,
- a #2 sharpened pencil with an eraser, and
- an ACT-approved calculator (see www.act.org for a list of approved calculators).
- All electronic devices, including personal cell phones and district-owned iPads, are prohibited during the ACT Test. Students will be directed to turn them off and stow them away to ensure the tests are not invalidated.
- Regular school transportation will be available, and breakfast and lunch will be served as on regular school days.
9th, 10th, and 12th Grade Students:
- All 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students will not report to school on April 19. Instead, they will complete their classes online using Schoology.
- Attendance will be determined by completion of students' online learning assessments. All assessments must be completed by Friday, April 21 to be considered in attendance for April 19.
- Access to Wi-Fi will be available here at MGSH for students who do not have access elsewhere. In order to access Wi-Fi at school, students must be present at 7:30 a.m. It is recommended, however, that students complete their online assessments via Schoology off site to promote an optimal testing environment for students taking the ACT.
Students who receive Special Education services in a Level III Connect, Skills or Strategies programs will attend school for instruction. If you have questions, please contact your student's case manager or Special Education Building Coordinator.
For any other questions, please contact Assistant Principal Tamiko Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.