Dear Parents and Guardians,
The purpose of this message is to let you know that the deadline for enrollment in the school district’s optional iPad protection plan is October 27, 2017. The iPad protection plan provides partial coverage in the event that your student’s school-issued iPad is damaged, lost, or stolen this school year. See below for a summary of coverage terms.
Even if you choose to decline coverage, you are still required to complete the iPad family agreement through FeePay, the school district’s online fee payment system. You may already be using FeePay to contribute to your child’s school lunch account. If you don’t have a FeePay account yet, please follow these instructions to set up your account.
Please follow these instructions to log in, complete the iPad Agreement, and either accept or decline the iPad protection plan.
How to complete the iPad Agreement and Protection Plan in FeePay.
- Visit osseo.feepay.com on your computer.
- Choose your high school; if your student is in elementary or middle school, choose the high school your student plans to attend (if you’re not sure, just choose any one of them).
- Login with your email address and password, or create a new account.
- Click “Activities” on the top menu bar.
- Search for iPad Protection Plan 2017-18 (Accept) or iPad Protection Plan 2017-18 (Decline). If you have 3 or more students in grades 4–12, please visit d279.us/familymax so we can apply the family maximum fee cap of $40.
- Click “Add to Cart”.
- Review the agreement, enter the required information, and click “Submit” when ready to proceed. Repeat for all students.
- Click “Checkout”.
- If you accepted iPad insurance coverage, enter your payment method and click “Process Payment”.
Protection plan coverage summary
- One incident of accidental damage, not including replacement of the device due to damage beyond repair, at no charge.
- 70% coverage for the cost of replacing the device if required due to damage beyond repair.
- 70% coverage for the cost of replacing the device if lost due to theft.
- 50% coverage for the cost of replacing the device if lost.
Note: The replacement cost for an iPad is $514. Families without the optional iPad protection plan will be responsible for the full replacement cost if replacement of the device is necessary.
Not covered by the protection plan
- Damage to the case, cable, or charger
- Loss of the case, cable, or charger
- Intentional or reckless damage
- Damage that occurs when the iPad is out of the district-issued case
- Damage caused by tampering with the operating system
- Damage beyond the second incident
- Spare iPads
If you have any trouble creating a FeePay account or logging in to your FeePay account, please contact FeePay help.
Chief Technology Officer