The Osseo school district has joined with the Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health and Well Being to provide support for children and families who are struggling with emotional and behavioral issues.
Services vary from school-to-school and include:
- mental health assessments & referrals
- individual, group and/or family therapy
- resources to help youth develop daily living & social skills
- assistance for families to help them understand and better navigate the mental health system
- collaboration between our psychiatric staff and school based teams
- peer support groups
At Garden City, Max Utterberg, LSC, MA Therapist 1 is available to meet on-site or in-home. Services are provided before, after, or during school. There is a charge to families. Mr. Utterberg has experience in school counseling and with developmental disabilitiesk. He hopes to create positive change on both an individual and a systemic level. He takes an existential humanistic approach to counseling, and helps students find meaning in all events and aspects in their lives.
Max delivers clinical services to students at Garden City Elm Creek, and Palmer Lake Elementary Schools in the Osseo Public School District.