Grading & Reporting Information

 Click on Link for more Information

7 BENCH MARKS

FOR STANDARD BASED GRADING

1. Grades are directly tied to specific concepts or skills that students are expected to learn in each course or grade level.

2. Grades will show what students have learned compared to the standard rather than compared to the performance of classmates.

3. Students will continue to collaborate with others on academic work, but grades will be based on each student’s individual achievement.

4. A minimum of 80% of the term grade will be based on assessments that show what students learned following instruction. The remaining part of the grade (up to 20%) may include work done as students are practicing the specific concept or skill.

5. Teachers can override the grading software if they think the calculated grade doesn’t accurately represent what the student actually learned.

6. Students will have multiple opportunities and multiple ways (within reasonable time limitations) to show what they have learned.

7. Teachers will ensure that students understand in advance how their grades will be determined.

 

 

 

 

 

 

School Info

Crest View Elementary
8200 Zane Ave N
Brooklyn Park MN 55443
Map

School Hours
8:40 am - 3:20 pm
Office Hours
7:30 am - 4:00 pm

 

Phone & Fax

School Office
763-561-5165
Attendance
763-561-5165, ext 1

General Fax 
763-549-2323

 

School Leadership

Principal
Suzette Erickson

Assistant Principal
Dimitri Russell