Basswood Elementary is searching for Minnesota Reading Corps tutors to join our community in the 2018-19 school year! We have 4 open positions including Kindergarten Focus full time position, K-3 Literacy Tutor Full time plus position (9hours a day), K-3 Literacy Tutor full time position, and K-3 Literacy Tutor half-time position (5 hours a day).
- Tutors work 1-1 with Kindergarten - 3rd grade students who need a boost to catch up to grade level in reading
- Tutors can come from many backgrounds and include recent high school and college grads, career changers, stay-at-home parents/grandparents, and retirees.
- Tutors receive extensive training and coaching on our scripted literacy interventions, so a background in education is not required
- Tutors gain great professional skills through working in a school-setting, and they make an impact on the students they support
- Tutors earn a modest living allowance every two weeks, and may be eligible for health insurance and child-care assistance benefits
- After their service, tutors earn an education award that can be put toward educational costs like federal student loans or tuition! Tutors who are 55+ can gift that money to a child or a grandchild.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working with children and is committed to our students’ success
- Is able to build positive relationships with students and school staff
- Is proactive, organized, dependable, comfortable following routines, and a strong communicator
- Is available and committed to serving during school day hours, Monday - Friday
If you know someone like this - a niece or nephew, a next-door-neighbor, a retired parent, you! - we encourage them to apply today!
Questions or interested inquiries can contact Basswood Elementary Reading Corps Recruiter, Hannah VanSant-Ouellette
Or you can ask me question too.
Basswood Elementary School