Registration Information for 2020-2021 School Year
All 8th students must attend high school registration with Park Center. If a student is interested in attending a different high school other than the school assigned, the deadline for the first lottery is WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2020. To have the best chance of acceptance to your school(s) of choice, please submit your application to the Enrollment Center by JANUARY 15, 2020. Further details as to how the open enrollment process works is included in the links below.
Application Timeline Deadline Notification Mailed Enrollment Deadline
Application Window #1 January 15, 2020 January 29, 2020 February 13, 2020
Application Window #2 March 6, 2020 March 20, 2020 April 8, 2020
Application Window #3 May 1, 2020 May 19, 2020 June 4, 2020
Non-Resident Open Enrollment Application: For students and families who do not reside within Osseo Area School District boundaries:
Resident Open Enrollment Application: For students and families who reside within Osseo Area School District boundaries
*Use these links to find which school district boundaries your residence is in and which schools your student is assigned to attend:http://www.infofinderi.com/ifi/?cid=OASD37V8VSHOJ http://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us/
Magnet School Choice
Osseo Area Schools provides two magnet programs in our high schools in partnership with Northwest Suburban Integration School District (NWSISD). Health Science Magnet Program at Osseo Sr. High: https://sites.google.com/apps.district279.org/osseohealthscience International Baccalaureate Program at Park Center High School: https://schools.district279.org/pcsh/academics/ib-programme
Students who wish to apply to a magnet program either at Osseo Sr. High or at Park Center, and live within NWSISD boundaries should complete the NWSISD Magnet Lottery Application by December 31, 2019 for priority application status. Families should receive assignment notification for the first lottery the week of January 13, 2020. The lottery application window will reopen for a second round of applications on January 13, 2020, for students and families who do not submit a priority application. Students who wish to apply to a magnet program, but do not live within the NWSISD boundaries should apply the the District 279 Non-member Application by January 15, 2020.
- For families and students who wish to apply for a magnet program, and reside within the NWSISD Boundaries: Northwest Suburban Integration School District Magnet School Application
- NWSISD Member districts
- Anoka-Hennepin School District
- Brooklyn Center Schools
- Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose Schools
- Elk River Area School District
- Fridley Public Schools
- Mounds View Public Schools
- Osseo Area Schools
- Rockford Public Schools
- NWSISD Member districts
- For families and students who wish to apply for a magnet program, and do not reside within the NWSISD Boundaries: Non-member District Application
2020-2021 Course Registration for current 5th Graders (6th Graders in 2020-2021 school year)
In February, 5th grade students will be registering for their Brooklyn Middle School 2020-2021 6th grade courses.
Registration Process :
- January 14th: Parents/guardians of students assigned to go to Brooklyn Middle School for the 2020-2021 school year will receive a course card and information regarding their student’s registration
- This course card should be filled out, signed, and returned by the date that the Brooklyn Middle counselor visits your student’s school (schedule below)
- Please take time to carefully consider course choices for next school year with your student, as all course selections are final.
- January 28-February 7th: Ms. Johnson will visit elementary schools to provide information about Brooklyn Middle School and collect course cards
At this time, course cards should be filled out, signed, and returned to your student’s school for counselors to collect at the time of their visit
- Birch Grove: Monday, Feb. 3rd
- Crest View: Monday, Feb. 3rd
- Garden City: Wednesday, January 29th
- Palmer Lake: Friday, February 7th
- Woodland: Tuesday, January 28th
- Weaver Lake: Tuesday, February 4th
- April 23rd : 2020-2021 Incoming 6th Grade Preview Night from 5:00-6:00 pm. This is an opportunity for you to learn about your child’s middle school experience and walk around the building. This event is held during the STEAM Creativity Fair.
- Your 5th grader will have access to a SCHOOLOGY Course for registration and middle school transition information.
2020-2021 Course Registration for current 6th, 7th, and 8th Graders (7th, 8th and 9th Graders in 2020-2021 school year)
6th & 7th grade:
- In January, current 6th and 7th grade students will register for 2020-2021 courses. Please take time to carefully consider course choices for next school year with your student, as all course selections are final. Please contact your child’s counselor if you have any questions about courses or the registration process.
- Students will get a registration form in Advisory on Tuesday January 21st, 2020 that needs to be signed by a parent/guardian and returned by Friday January 24th, 2020
- Counselors will meet with 6th and 7th grade students during their English classes according to the schedule below to register their exploratory request on StudentVue.
- 6th grade Registration Schedule
January 28th: Mr. Grandpre
January 29th: Ms. Moran
January 30th: Ms. Green
January 31st: Ms. Kern and Mr. Searls
- 7th grade Registration Schedule
January 28th: Ms. Hanson
January 29th: Ms. LaPointe
January 30th: Ms. Thibodo
January 31st: Ms. Joseph
If you have any questions please contact your student’s counselor:
Current 6th grade counselor and future 7th grade counselor
Current 7th grade counselor and future 8th grade counselor
- January 15: Park Center counselors visit Brooklyn Middle School to provide information about high school. Registration cards and brochures will go home on the night of January 15th and need to be reviewed and returned on January 16th.
- Senior High registration conferences
- Conferences are located at senior high buildings.
- Registration for high school is finalized at the preview nights, so attendance is highly recommended.
- January 22nd: Osseo Sr. High
- January 22nd: Park Center Sr. High
- January 30th: Maple Grove Sr. High