B.G. CARES- Student Support Site - creative and inspiring activities.
The following message was sent to families on May 25, 2020
Good Morning BG Families --
We are now at the unofficial marker for the beginning of the end of the school year, Memorial Day weekend! Remember, there is no distance learning today - Monday, May 25th, and I hope you are enjoying the long holiday weekend!
So many great things are happening for students and I feel like Celebrating!
Please watch my weekly message for some encouragement!
1.) Thank You!
Thank you for all your work with your children and their teachers over the past two months. This pandemic has impacted so many people financially, emotionally, and physically. It has also led to many changes...changes in how we teach and learn, changes in how we determine what is valued, and changes in how we navigate the world around us. Again, thank you for your continued partnership and support!
2.) Distance Learning Updates
Our Flex Learning Board expectations as a system ends on Friday, May 29th.
Classroom teachers will communicate expectations for learning during the last week of school. Included in this will be end-of-the-year celebrations and activities. We are hoping the activities also give students closure for what has been a challenging end of the school year.
3.) Materials Collection
- As the school year draws to a close, there are many logistics that need to occur, including the collection of school and district materials.
- Please mark June 4th & 5th on your calendars as dates to return instructional materials to Birch Grove. Watch for communication from me next Wednesday, May 27th,with specific instructions and details for these days, including a detailed list of what needs to be returned.
- These dates will also be an opportunity to receive yearbooks and awards your child has received this year, and other items.
- 3rd, 4thand 5thgrade families can also expect communication from their child's band or orchestra teacher with additional dates and opportunities to return instruments.
- PreK – 4thgrades Friday, June 5thfrom 2 pm to 4 pm-details to come
5th grade Friday, June 5thfrom 4 pm to 6 pm-details to come
5.) Meal Distribution
Even though the school year ends on June 5th,we will still be provided free meals for students and families using our current model through June 30th. Meal Information
I wish you and your family continued health and a joyful day.
Dr. Ronald Salazar, Principal
Birch Grove Elementary School for the Arts
Keisha Davis, Assistant Principal